Contact Us for a Free Consultation (855) 4-PARENT

Guide to Dependency Court – For Parents

Who are Mandated Reporters?

Posted by Jomo Stewart | Jun 10, 2022 | 0 Comments

Have you ever wondered who exactly are Mandated Reporters? 

California Penal Code section 11165.7 defines or list the persons who are Mandated Reporters. Please be aware that the nice “CASA” Volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate) is a Mandated Reporter also! 

In addition, Be Aware that “alcohol and drug counselors” are Mandated Reporters. An “alcohol and drug counselor” is a person providing counseling, therapy, or other clinical services for a state licensed or certified drug, alcohol, or drug and alcohol treatment program. However, alcohol or drug abuse, or both alcohol and drug abuse, is not, in and of itself, a sufficient basis for reporting child abuse or neglect.

About the Author

Jomo Stewart

Jomo Stewart is a dogged, diligent advocate for his clients. His clients appreciate his candor regarding the strengths and weaknesses of their case and the on-going advice as their case progresses. Mr. Stewart will not be out worked by opposing counsel, and he is unwilling to compromise unless h...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


Parental Rights Defenders is committed to answering your questions about Dependency Defense law issues in Northern California.

We offer a free consultation and we’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.